201 East Main Street,
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT
Job Title: Certified Public Accountant
Milestones Group is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team. We provide a wide variety of accounting and tax services to small business and individuals in Northeast Iowa.
Salary is flexible based on degree and experience. We are focused on finding the right person for the position.
Health & Vision, 401(k) plus match, Life Insurance, and paid time off
Job Title: Accountant
Company: Milestones Group
Location: Manchester, Iowa
Reports to: Lacey Carroll & Tammy Feldmann
Assist with accounting, tax and day-to-day tasks as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare financial statements and provide bookkeeping services for clients
· Complete weekly, monthly and quarterly payroll tasks for clients
· Prepare and review all types of tax returns (i.e. 1040, 1120, 1065, etc.)
· Develop client relationships
· Assist with workflow on office projects with staff.
· Work individually or as a team on tax/accounting projects
· Remain up-to-date on tax practices and changes in tax law
· Any other tasks as needed - to be determined
Educational and/or Other Requirements
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field· Prior relevant work experience is preferred – background in accounting, tax and computer software programs is a plus, but will consider candidates with less experience who display the necessary attributes for job success.
· Experience with general ledger and QuickBooks experience is preferred
· Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
· Attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
· Eagerness to work independently as well as part of a team with flexibility and willingness to learn and take initiative on a variety of tasks and projects
· Willing to be challenged and provide accurate work in a timely manner
Contact with management, co-workers, vendors and clients –requiring reasonable tact, discretion, consistency, self-expression and professionalismMust have the ability to handle confidential information regarding clients, the company, vendors and be able to maintain that confidentiality in a professional manner